Got an interesting story or photo you’d like to share with us? If you are interested in writing for Earth Uncovered we’d love to hear from you!
How can you contribute?
- Articles about a specific destination or country – perhaps you want to share the “best of…”, “top 10…” or even a city guide.
- Travel stories – Do you have an interesting story from your travels? We’d love to hear from you.
- Articles about festivals and events.
- Articles that tell about a place from a local’s point of view. We’re looking for something that isn’t just in every travel guide!
- Photos – A picture says 1000 words. If you want to showcase some of your work get in touch.
- Interviews – Have you interviewed someone whilst on your travels? Get in touch and we will be happy to share.
- Hotel/hostel review – Stayed at a great or not so great hotel/hostel lately?
- Recipes – Inspire our readers with international recipes.
- Travel tip – Do you have a travel tip you want to share with our audience?
What we’re looking for
- All articles must be original content, not previously published on any blogs, websites, magazines or other sources.
- Articles should be written in third person, though we are happy to consider articles in the first person.
- Written content should be a minimum of 300 words. If you are submitting a photo essay, the number of words can be shorter. For travel tips the 300 minimum word limit doesn’t apply.
- Well written content with attention to grammar, typos and writing style.
- Copyright free images submitted with any posts (we can find some if you don’t have any).
- No rude, offensive or highly controversial references in your submission.
- Sensible and subtle references to any products/services/companies you used as part of your article – this isn’t a sales pitch.
- Get your work published on Earth Uncovered.
- Grow your online profile as visitors from Earth Uncovered visit your page.
- We will happily give you a backlink to your website [provided editorial consent].
- We will share content on Earth Uncovered social media pages, and encourage you to do the same.
Submitting your work
We ask all contributors to submit a proposal of their idea to email@example.com or complete the form below, before proceeding to write an article. If your idea is accepted Earth Uncovered will require the following:
- Article content/images.
- Your website (if you have one).
- Photo of you/your company logo.
- A short biography about yourself/your company. No more than 75 words.
- List of 10 keywords from your article
- Earth Uncovered reserves the right not to publish your full article if it doesn’t conform with editorial standards.
- Earth Uncovered can make stylistic changes to your post in order to fit our style.
- Earth Uncovered can edit the article, headlines and/or links.
- Earth Uncovered can edit or replace any images provided alongside submission.
- Earth Uncovered reserves the right to remove any articles submitted from it’s website.